Friday, November 29, 2002

Alito Trial Raises Question by School Board Member

Samuel Alito graduated from Steinert High School in Hamilton Township. As a Hamilton School Board member, I knew I had a responsibility to the students and the taxpayers who voted me into office. Should that be a requirement for someone who seeks this level of responsibility? When it was brought to my attention that several school board members and administration were going to attend the court hearings for Samuel Alito's inauguration, at a cost of over $2,300 to Washington, D.C. I deserved an answer and I expected one. Why would you not have selected students to attend? Samuel Alito attended Steinert High School in Hamilton Township New Jersey and students are not representing their Alma mater Why would it be more important to send school board members and school board administrators then high school students that could benefit educationally not only from witnessing the hearing, but also as representatives from Steinert High School, the Alma mater. Also, just as troubling, spend tax payers money to boot?